Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Favorite Week of the Year


Dear mid-October,


Thank you for turning aspen leaves gold and the sky pure blue


Thank you for giving us weather unmatched by any other time of year
More than enough reason to come together, all of us


And bask in Autumn's crisp, clear air


And brilliant light


How blessed are we to fill our arms with children


Our hearts with their memories young and flourishing
To watch them grow in wonder
Pure delight


Thank you for giving us pumpkins big and round


For cornstalks and barrel rides


For savoring these days as precious gems


 Rejoicing in the gifts of harvest


And the magic of creation all around


Each year I'm touched by your warmth; held captive by your sights and smells


I cannot imagine a more perfect time to count my blessings
and give thanks to the One who made the seasons and all their changings


Humbly loved and celebrated,
I delight in my birthday week and welcome 28 years
(and 7 months pregnant)!
May the joys of this season carry on
Lingering in my heart and soul
Reminding me to give thanks in all circumstances
Rejoicing always
And again,
Rejoice



No comments: