Sunday, November 29, 2015

Home Update!

 Well it's been 4 months since we moved into our Sublimity home
and both Curtis and I have been so encouraged and even surprised
these past few weeks as final projects are coming to a close
And with new baby to arrive any day now,
we are quite ready to step back and enjoy some of the fruits of our labor!

(Not that home projects are EVER over or finished:)

Here are some Before and After pics from July 31st to today!

The Fireplace: Before


After:


Curtis hand-laid the stone and crafted the mantle out of trim moulding himself!
There was dry wall repair involved, splinting the stone upon the wall, and painstakingly hiding all the TV cords for his insistent wife! I couldn't be happier or more proud of his work!

The Living Room: Before



After:




Paint does wonders for a room... as well as warmth and comfort
Here we chose a soft neutral grey and bright white trim 
We ordered the rug from Wayfair and the gallery wall frames and sectional are Fred Meyer

The Dining Room: Before


After:


 Although a bold choice in the eyes of my husband, I just love this pop of color in our home!
To me it goes with every season and looks outstanding with the white crown molding Curtis put up
I also wanted a color that complimented the opposite grey rooms as well as all my red kitchen accents

Sitting Room/Office: Before


After:


 This sitting room/office does seem a bit crowded with our giant bookcase but with all the bright light shining through and cream rug (from World Market), its a place that suits our needs well.
We may opt for a smaller round storage ottoman to grace the center in place of the wood coffee table


 Nollie's Room: Before


After:



I chose off-white walls and bright-white trim in our kids' rooms so that I could easily 
change decor as they grow and so that special accents take center stage.
I also love how the natural light bounces off the walls making it feel big and clean
She adores her room and big girl bed and we love spending time with her in here!
(Curtains from Marshall's and yellow chair is from Target)

Guest Bathroom: Before


After:


I wish you could see how awful the first vanity and sink were in this room!
We found this gorgeous marble top at a discounted price with the undermount sink 
then updated the vanity with a fresh coat of paint and new hardware.
The lighting, window blinds, faucet and shower system are new as well
(All from Home Depot)
And the walls went from brown to slate grey
It really feels like a brand new bathroom!

New Baby's Room: Before


After:



Paint and deep cleaning did this room wonders and I had so much fun putting a 'theme' together 
out of vintage boyhood memorabilia from Curtis and his dad's childhood 
as well as all the gender-neutral baby items from Nollie's first nursery!
The only new items I purchased are the curtains, wall decor and navy pillow in the crib
(All from Target)

 Guest Bedroom: Before


After:


Paint, deep cleaning and new blinds were all that was needed here
But to have this room ready for family and friends is a blessing I will not take for granted!

Stairwell: Before


After:


I must say that painting stair rail spindles is a difficult and tedious task!
And I must admit we have yet to go back and do a second coat… ugh,
But that window update looks phenomenal and this week I took up a
Black Friday offer and got the stairwell carpet deep cleaned and shampooed (for free!)
Since Nollie climbs up and down so much on her hands and knees
this made me feel so much better!

In 2016 we plan to do some updating in the kitchen with new lighting, hardware and window treatments and we have quite a big project looming over us in our master bathroom…
let's just say it will get its own post!

We are also so blessed to have Curtis home for three weeks in December after baby comes
and he plans on painting and putting up crown moulding in our master bedroom!

All in all, what started out as a big leap of faith for me, and quite uncertain I would ever feel at home here, I can now say I am truly humbled and grateful God has provided us with such a spacious and personally-fitting home! He knows exactly what we need, even when we can't see it ourselves!

Next up: New baby (due December 3rd) and Christmas!!!









No comments: