Wednesday, November 2, 2011

beautiful death

time to walk, to pause, to listen, to seek, 
to capture the moments, the freshness, 
the beautiful death of autumn...
colors that steal my gaze and catch my breath, 
vibrant as fiery gems burning in the sunlight
the movement of earth to gather in preparation, to travel, 
to build shelter, to savor the last of harvest's offerings 
before winter's eve sets in
time to be thankful, to be still, to know peace and feel joy 
in this glorious display of life...
knowing it will soon fall helplessly to the ground, 
barren and brown, cold and burried 
beneath the coming snow
the golden light will turn grey, 
the clear blue will turn to a misty haze, 
the warmth and fragrance will vanish in the 
sting of icy breath

but the memory will stay, 
the hope of green will grow in my heart 
and the waiting will be salved with the 
treasure of togetherness, the warmth of generosity, 
and the fragrance of love. 
my soul thrives in this beautiful death
 as the earth cries out it's last seasonal song
 to the Maker of all things new 
I too, am most beautiful when I let my colors fall to the ground
 allowing His brilliant light to shine through

No comments: