Thursday, November 17, 2011

thankful

I am thankful. 
Thankful for the man who sings Adam Sandler 
to me while I wash the dishes...

"I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold
Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control
All I wanna do is grow old with you."

Me too, babe.
 I'm thankful for a bright warm sun on a cold day, staying indoors to cut out paper flags and magazine letters. Thankful for how they glow in the light, reminding me how to glow inside.
 I'm thankful for random dancing in the living room, making music and dipping backwards until my hand touches the ground. Thankful for the strong arms that hold me up and pull me in tight. 
 I am thankful for barren twigs that come alive with heartfelt words of gratitude. Thankful for ideas that spring from a mind at rest, contemplative on the goodness of our God, the love and joy He gives me.
 I'm thankful for home-made pie crust, the golden globs that make my hands sore and counters laden with flour snow.
 Thankful for a hearty meal to share together, to last the weekend and sustain my husband while he works so long.
 I'm thankful to know him, to receive him, to break bread together and live in the peace and fullness of our Savior-Life.
I still have much to learn about being thankful... 
in all things.
Jesus, thank you for making me thankful today.
So thankful.

No comments: